Best Argumentative Essay Topics for Excelling in Academic Writing
If you are tasked with writing an argumentative essay, you must take a well-grounded stance on a specific topic and demonstrate that your argument is solid. However, choosing a good topic might be daunting even if you know your subject well. Moreover, it is no small feat to convince others that you are right while other researchers are wrong. In this article, we have rounded up the best argumentative topics that you can use to write a well-structured essay.
Trendy Topics For Argumentative Essay
To make a compelling argument, you need to select a hotly-debated topic. It will make finding opposing arguments easier and masterfully defending your point of view. You can make your position seem well-grounded by making a controversial claim and supporting it with elaborated points. Your tutor may even award you the highest mark if they see you are not afraid of complex and thought-provoking topics. We have rounded up the most engaging topics that you may use for writing argumentative types of essays:
- Is competition good for art?
- What are the key disadvantages of democracy?
- Are minority quotas discriminatory?
- How can police violence be stopped?
- Does social media make people feel more isolated?
- How can society help low-income families effectively?
- Why is writing a diary good for mental health?
- Is it moral to kill a person in self-defense?
- Are parents responsible for their children bullying other kids?
- What are the main advantages of legalizing same-sex unions?
- Are women less prone to criminal behavior than men?
- Is there a real threat of global warming?
- Should COVID-19 vaccination be mandatory?
- Should old buildings be preserved?
- Is life-long learning necessary for advancing a career?
When writing different essays, consider whether your statements prove your viewpoint. It is better to select a topic that will grab your professor’s attention. Avoid choosing a topic that seems boring, as you are unlikely to win any points when trying to explore it in your essay. After analyzing the available information, write a powerful thesis statement based on your topic. If you see that it is impossible to develop a strong thesis statement, it might be better for you to select another topic.
Best Argumentative Essay Topics
The smartest thing you can do is select a topic you know well. It will make it easier for you to express your opinion on it. Don’t select a topic that might be challenging to debate, as your arguments won’t look convincing. Here are the best argumentative topics that you can use for writing a winning essay:
- Is a person morally obliged to risk their lives to save another person?
- Will making college education free worsen its quality?
- Are standardized tests suitable for evaluating the intellectual potential of a person?
- Should parents be obliged to care for their kids until they find a stable job?
- Should men and women divide household chores fairly?
- Should people be encouraged to have more children even if they can’t afford their education?
- Should plastic surgery be banned?
- Is it reasonable to live without eating meat?
- Does dieting help people lose weight?
- Can doing sports be harmful to health?
- What are the benefits of watching TV series?
- Is a high level of detail necessary when depicting battle scenes in movies?
- Can lying be beneficial for a relationship?
- Is there a solution to the problem of cyberbullying?
- Should same-sex couples be allowed to adopt children?
Think of a person who is going to read your essay and ensure that you have enough pieces of evidence to support your claim. Besides, you need to analyze the existing counterarguments and make them sound convincing.
Winning Argumentative Essay Topics for Students
When writing an argumentative essay, you must use an advanced structure and introduce your topic in detail. After explaining your point of view, you must describe the opposing views. Then, it would help if you started refuting the points made by your opponents by providing compelling pieces of evidence. Provided you have a persuasive thesis statement, well-structured body paragraphs, and an engaging topic, you can make your essay stand out among other assignments. Use the following argumentative topics to come up with your ideas:
- Does using social media affect real-life communication skills?
- How can AI-based tools contribute to the development of e-governance systems?
- How can we create a fair society?
- Why should the death penalty be banned across the world?
- Should vaccination be mandatory?
- Why do we need to protect intellectual property?
- Why should abortion be legalized?
- How can people with mental disorders be integrated into society?
- What is the importance of the monarchy in the modern world?
- How do we make sports inclusive for trans athletes?
- Should betting sports be banned?
- Is getting a college degree necessary for advancing a career?
- Should children’s Internet use be limited?
- Is free education a fundamental human right?
- Should drugs be decriminalized?
Regardless of your chosen topic, you need to research it well to ensure that you will get high marks for your project. In addition, it will help you understand opposing points of view and support your position with solid arguments.
Original Argumentative Essay Ideas
To score maximum marks, you may need to select an essay topic that will make your assignment stand out among the rest. It will enable you to demonstrate an in-depth understanding of your subject. Use these original ideas to make your essay more unique and show that you can write a text based on solid research:
- Do Disney cartoons romanticize abusive behavior?
- What are the key advantages of legalizing gay marriage?
- How does academic workload affect students?
- How will online learning technology impact homeschooling?
- Does it make sense to judge people by their looks?
- Should sex education classes be mandatory for high school students?
- Can nuclear war be justified?
- Shall the governments ban companies from collecting user data?
- What kinds of jokes are unacceptable in modern society?
- Should colleges assist students in finding a job?
- How do fake news reports impact modern politics?
- What are the main dangers of the MeToo movement?
- How do we put an end to human trafficking?
- Should genetic cloning be allowed?
- How does income inequality contribute to a high incarceration rate?
Besides selecting a suitable topic, you must demonstrate that you can think critically and develop well-thought-out arguments. Don’t pick a topic you like if you see that there are no compelling pieces of evidence to support your claim. You will need to argue against a conflicting point of view, so check whether the other side has claims you can refute. Your reader should be able to choose between two solutions to a problem, so make sure to write an essay that will make them favor your point of view.
Compelling Argumentative Writing Topics
When writing different types of essays, you need to immediately hook your reader and select a topic that will grab their attention immediately. There is no need to select an argument that you agree with. The main task is to make your topic sound compelling. Take a look at the list below and use it as a source of inspiration:
- Can climate change contribute to the emergence of infectious diseases?
- Will student debt forgiveness solve the problems of higher education?
- Should the U.S. ban assault weapons?
- Are video games linked to increased aggression and violence?
- The future of online college degrees in the wake of pandemics.
- Do electric cars pollute the environment?
- Are people responsible for the actions of the politicians they elected?
- Is it possible to establish a long-term relationship after getting to know each other online?
- Do parents need to incentivize their kids by paying them for good grades?
- Should coding classes be required in high school?
- Why should healthcare be free?
- How can professionals fix the gender pay gap in the film industry?
- Does reading fiction make it easier to relate to other people?
- How does capitalism contribute to modern-day slavery?
- Should countries legitimize euthanasia?
Using these argumentative topics, you can write a thought-provoking essay that will raise important points. Then, provided you elaborate on them and use enough pieces of evidence, you will be able to hammer your points in and make the reader see that you are right.
By selecting an engaging argumentative topic, you can improve your chances of acing your assignment and ensure that your essay will be interesting to read. In addition, it allows you to demonstrate that you have in-depth knowledge of the selected topic and can prove your point using elaborated arguments.
You need to conduct thorough research, come up with a topic, and create a list of points that can be backed up with reliable pieces of evidence. Then, pick a topic you are curious about, learn the basics of structuring your essay, and try to shut down any critical counterarguments you think of. These steps will help you get the highest marks for your assignment and write an essay you can be proud of.
Best Topics by BuyEssay.net writing service!
What are good topics for writing an argumentative essay?
- For example, should commercials promoting harmful products be banned?
- Should a medically-assisted suicide be legalized?
- How can the government improve racial equality?
- Are female leaders more likely to work for the good of society?
- How do social networks create divisions?
What are the best argumentative essay topics?
- Are pharmaceutical companies more interested in searching for profits instead of finding a cure?
- Shall manufacturers be made responsible for the side effects of their products?
- Can renewable energy be bad for wildlife conservation?
- What can the UN do to stop famine?
What are 3 good topics for an essay?
- Can TV censorship help improve TV programs?
- What are the main shortcomings of global video surveillance?
- Is there a close relationship between imperialism and capitalism?
What are some excellent argumentative essay topics for 2022?
- Are modern beauty standards outdated?
- Is it worth investing money in exploring Mars?
- Should e-voting be allowed?
- Should the government raise the minimum wage?
- Can distance learning be harmful to education?
What are some excellent argumentative essay topics for middle school?
- Should middle school students have part-time jobs?
- Can social media be harmful to mental health?
- How can new technologies be beneficial for education?
- Should middle schoolers be assigned more homework?
- Why should there be ratings for movies?